Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dear Joshua,

Today you turned 9 months old! You're 3/4 of a year old already! I guess this means I need to start coming up with ideas for your birthday. Are we really at that point already? It's only 3 months away now. Joshua, you keep getting more and more fun every day. You have lots of new tricks...you are pulling yourself up on EVERYTHING, you're cruising as often as you possibly can, and you are even standing on your own for a couple seconds at a time. You want so badly to move and get along like everyone else. You're also done with the army crawl, and you're now crawling like a big boy. Last week you figured out how to crawl up onto your bouncy seat all by yourself. I have to say I was very impressed when I found you up there!

You are eating a lot of new foods again too...well, some things aren't "new" as much as in a new form...like small chunks of banana, cantaloupe, cheese, yogurt, meat, puffs, cheerios, and more. You absolutely LOVE your puffs! Every time I shake the container, you wave your arms excitedly and make a beeline to wherever I am, just so you can have some.

Last week we got you your own pool for the back yard. Sadie was a little bummed that she wasn't allowed in it, but you LOVED playing and splashing in the water. I think we have a little fish on our hands. That's a very good thing, because tomorrow you and I are going on a trip to Florida to see Mere. We're sad that Poppa and Daddy can't come and join us, but I think it's going to be a fun few days to introduce you to the big pool and to the ocean and sand (i'm preparing myself for some poopy diapers containing sand...).

Joshua, lately you've really enjoyed playing with your toys in your crib. You're not super happy, however, unless I play your Raffi CD. Once that's on, you're all smiles, playing and dancing in your crib. You LOVE to dance, and Daddy and I love to watch you and even dance with you sometimes.

You are such a fun baby, and you've developed such a fun personality. You bring such joy to our lives, and you will never know how much your Mommy and Daddy love you. We are so blessed to have you in our lives, and no matter how sad I am about how quickly the last 9 months have flown by, I am so excited to see what lies ahead for you and who you will become.

Happy 9 month birthday, Joshua!
We love you!
Love, Momma

No comments: