Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stuff

This blog has become mostly about Josh these days, and it's supposed to. That's why I originally started this blog a LONG time ago....though I did it then so that Philip wouldn't think it was so weird that I was starting a "mom" blog once we had kids.

I love reading mom blogs! I get ideas, and sometimes a good laugh, from these blogs, and they can be so encouraging. I love being a stay-at-home mom, and I love reading about other women who do the same job that I do every day. One blog in particular that I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read is dooce.com , written by a woman named Heather B Armstrong. She's definitely got some saucy language at times, but she's absolutely hilarous, very real, and very refreshing. I bought one of her books while I was pregnant, called "It sucked and then I cried." I have to say, it was one of the most hilarious and accurate books about pregnancy, labor and delivery, and being a new mommy that I have ever read. There is so much that people don't tell you...but she openly talks about it in a way that makes you laugh histerically even though it's so painfully accurate. :)

I've also gotten into reading some cooking and couponing blogs lately too. Since I'm a stay-at-home mom and don't bring in any income, my job is to keep money in the house. I'm learning a lot about how to be a smart shopper, and I'm learning how to use coupons to get the most bang for my buck. In fact, I'm also learning which grocery stores double (and sometimes even tripple) coupons, and on which days. It's quite exciting to get a really good deal and see some good savings. One week I only spent $40 on groceries! I've become particularly addicted to the following coupon sites: Deal Seaking Mom and The Coupon Goddess. These ladies really have their act together!

I've always been interested in scrapbooking, and I've been working on Josh's baby book lately. It's turning out really well so far, and I have so many more awesome pictures to add to it! I need to look for some cool picture frames so I can actually hang some pictures of my little guy. I've been so slack on that! Lately though, I've become interested in learning a couple of new hobbies: 1) photography--I have such a great little subject to photograph and I'd like to learn how to take some really great pictures, and 2) cake decorating...I've been particularly inspired by this blogger. She's got some pretty cool ideas, including the one below, which I hope to make for Josh's first birthday party, oh, 6 months from now! :)

These are cupcake pops....SO cool, and they look fairly reasonable to make. I'm excited to try some new stuff and to put my pent-up creativity into practice!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Those are adorable! You go girl! I can't wait to see what your creative juices come up with. Sewing has been my creative outlet these days. :)