Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 1, 2010

Dear Joshua,


Today you turn six months old! Where on earth did time go? I can't believe how fast my little baby is growing up. You are such an amazing little boy, and I still cannot believe that God chose your Daddy and I to be your parents. It's so true what people say about being parents. Someone once told me that you never know how much your parents really love you until you become a parent. Joshua, because you are in my life, I now know how much my own parents love me. Little boy, words cannot even express the kind of love that your Daddy and I have for you. And you know what amazes me even more? No matter how much Daddy and Momma love you, God loves you a million times more than that. THAT, is incredible.


Joshua, this month you have been doing some big stuff! You learned how to roll from your tummy to your back, which means you are now rolling across the room! Mommy has to keep a very close eye on you now. I can't leave the room if I don't have you contained somehow! :) You and Sadie girl have become very close lately too. In fact, Sadie now enjoys "sharing" her toys with you. She actually brings them to you now. Actually, twice now I have caught you with her toys IN YOUR MOUTH! Ick! I guess it's a good thing that a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's! Josh, you're eating a lot of new foods these days! You love rice cereal as well as your barley/oat/spelt combo, green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, pears, and peaches! You've become such a good eater and eat two full meals each day. We just started working on a third meal now, so you'll be eating breakfast, lunch and dinner every day! You love being in your high chair now--I think that's because you know you get to eat when you sit there!


Josher, you're "talking" so much more now too, and you've been making a lot more new sounds lately too. You're now saying "ba-ba" (which happens to sound a lot like your nickname--Bubba) and you're making lots of new grunting sounds. I think you just recently figured out you could actually make that sound. It's pretty silly, if you ask me. You're also reaching for toys a lot more now, and you're "raking" your fingers, trying to grab different things off the floor--especially your smaller toys. You still LOVE your bath time, and you're getting very good splashing and kicking water all over the place--especially all over your mommy!


Josh, I cannot even begin to tell you what a blessing you are to us. We love you so much more than we can even explain. You are such an amazing little boy, and we are so blessed and excited to watch you grow up. We cannot wait to see who you become (though we don't want you to grow up too fast!).


Happy six month birthday, Bubba boy!


We love you!
Love, Momma

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Very sweet, Jen! :) You have such a handsome little guy. SO wish we could get our boys together for a playdate!