Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Officially 30 weeks!

Well all, I'm officially 30 weeks preggo and feeling pretty good.
I had a doctor's appointment today--the first with the actual doctor and am now on an "every two weeks" schedule! We're getting close! While at the doctor I had my blood glucose screening. They made me drink this bottle of fruit punch-flavored stuff that was EXTREMELY sweet, and then I had to sit for an hour before having a blood test done. Overall it wasn't too bad, other than having a hyper-active baby in my belly and a sugar headache. I think I made a good choice eating a couple of hard boiled eggs this morning before the test--and I ate more protein afterwards, which seemed to help too. Overall, not too bad. I really enjoyed meeting with this doctor. He said everything is going just as it is supposed to, and he told me that I should start thinking about packing my hospital bag too--just to be prepared. (Are we really at that point already?!)

We got a call last night that our crib and changing table are in! We're going to pick them up on Saturday and bring them home. Woo hoo! We're getting there. Once the crib is set up, I can start airing out the matress and start messing around in the room a little bit. I suppose it's time to start cleaning out the baby's closet now. :) We're still getting organized in the garage and dining room, but we're getting there. I'm hoping I can have the dining room back to normal before my mom comes down for my baby shower in two weeks!!! (Sorry mom, it's not done yet, but it will be. I promise!!!)

Things are looking good. I'm definitely feeling the Braxton Hicks more frequently now and sometimes they're a bit uncomfortable too. It's a little weird knowing we're so close now.

No comments: