This year I had a great Mother's Day! I guess I can be considered a mother since i'm growing this kid in my belly and am already dealing with sleep deprivation from being uncomfortable. Just the beginning of the many sleepless nights ahead, I know.
At church on Sunday they did "muffins for moms" and handed out carnations to all the mommies. I got one too, so that was kinda fun. It's weird thinking of myself as a mom. Philip made my day especially wonderful.
A couple of weeks ago, Philip mentioned in passing that this was the last Mother's Day where I didn't actually count, and that he was going to take advantage of it. I have to admit that it kind of "irked" me a little bit, but I didn't say too much. I mentioned on Saturday night that I had to do nursery on Sunday (which, by the way, is getting very difficult because I can't bend over very well anymore). After mentioning this, I went in the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I came out of the bathroom my wonderful husband had a gift bag waiting on the bed for me.
Not only does my husband NOT think that I don't count, he treats me so incredibly! Philip gave me a gift certificate for an entire day at the spa! This includes a 90 minute prenatal massage, manicure, pedicure, salt scrub, European facial, hair wash and style, and lunch! I already feel so spoiled! I made my appointment for June 16 and can hardly wait!
Thank you honey, you're the best! I feel so loved! :)
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What a lovely husband you have!
Have fun on your day!
Post a Comment