Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

almost 30 weeks!

On Thursday we'll hit the 30 week mark in pregnancy, and to celebrate that momentous occasion, I get to go do my glucose test! Woo hoo! (insert sarcasm here.) Reality is starting to set in that this little guy will be here sooner than we think! There's a lot to be done in the last 10 (hopefully less) weeks before our due date...

1) pick up nursery furniture as soon as it comes in
2) set up the crib
3) decorate the nursery (it's already painted)
4) clean the carpets
5) paint a dresser
6) baby showers--I have two that people are giving for me
7) buy whatever is leftover--probably stroller and car seats, etc.
8) anything else I have yet to think of.

At this point I should be very grateful for the way my pregnancy has gone so far. I have no reason to complain. Morning sickness was minimal (PTL!) and other than a week or two of really bad nausea, I can't say I really had much morning sickness at all. I am very thankful for that. God has been very gracious to me in that, and in helping me get through my class this semester with an A! There has been a lot going on, and I've made it through almost everything. I have just 12 days of school left and then I'm officially done, so that's a great feeling as well!
The only thing I can actually complain about at this point is a lack of sleep. It's not that I'm not tired, I just can't sleep becuase I'm so dang uncomfortable! I have this awesome body pillow (highly recommended) that I've been borrowing from someone and it's been a godsend so far. However, there is only so much comfort that thing can give you until your back starts to really hurt during the night. It's difficult to find a comfortable position anymore. I think I may have to end up sleeping on the couch at night pretty soon...that seems to be the only place I can get comfortable since I can lean back on the back cushions. I'm hoping my prenatal massage on June 16 will help a bit with the back pain. All in all, if this is the worst I've had it, I can't complain. I know things will be uncomfortable near the end (July) of my pregnancy, but that's to be expected--especially when he gets a little bigger, and when he drops. However, for now I'm thoroughly enjoying the little movements (rolls, kicks, punches and hickups) and I'm selfishly treasuring them now, because (as my friend Lindsay reminded me) once our little man is born, i'll have to share him with everyone else.

I thoroughly enjoy watching Philip's face as he feels the movements in my belly and can now locate where our son is, based on how hard my stomach is in some places. I think this makes it more real for him, and also gives him some kind of ownership of the whole thing. It's great, and I love watching his face lights up when he figures out what is going on. :) He's going to be such a great daddy--especially when he can start teaching our son how to play soccer. I think this is something he's really looking forward to.

On another note, I've started feeling some Braxton Hicks contractions lately. They're still pretty few and far between, but they're happening. It's a weird feeling, and it's a bit intimidating knowing that my body is getting itself ready for delivery. We're already praying about the whole process, and I know I'll feel much better once we go through the childbirth class, and take the tour of the hospital. There are a lot of unknowns right now, but that's ok. I'm so glad I have a husband that is so supportive. I'm definitely going to need him when the time comes. :)

I suppose it's time to post some pictures of my preggo belly too. I've been avoiding it, but it's turning out to be more of a basketball than anything else, which I so greatly appreciate. :) I'll post soon. I promise....really!

1 comment:

Josh and Kate plus 2 said...

Love the new look of the blog! Very cute! Can't wait to see some new pics of your adorable belly!! =) Love you!