Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Recent Happenings....

This is my first post on this new blog, and I hope to be able to use this frequently to update our family and friends on the things that we have been up to here in Virginia. As many of you know, my husband also has a blog on livejournal.com, but it has not been updated since January. Hopefully I can keep up on this one. Life gets busy sometimes.

Recently Philip and I have been quite busy with lots of projects to do on our house, as well as some surgery that I have recently had to have. Last Monday I had to have my gallbladder taken out due to some very painful gallstones and gallstone attacks. This was definitely not fun, but I do have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying life (finally!) without any nausea, this whole week after surgery. My mom came down for almost a week to help my husband and I while I was recovering. she was amazing and got us stocked up on enough food and meals to last us over two weeks! It's been quite lovely. I plan on going back to work on Tuesday, and I'm hoping to have more energy soon. Hopefully I will not feel so tired once I start teaching again.

As far as the house is concerned, Philip and I recently painted our guest room and hallway with the help of my younger brother, and we are very happy with the end result. In the meantime, we are also in the process of tearing our master bathroom apart and putting it back together. It had a significant amount of water damage when we moved in and the toilet had started sinking into the floor.....definitely not a good sign. As of right now, we have a large hole in our floor. If we were to move the insulation beneath the floor, we'd be able to see right into the crawl space under our house. Pleasant.


My wonderful husband, doing a great job painting, even though it's not his favorite thing to do.

My brother, Brad, helping us paint on his "vacation" to Virginia. We're such slave drivers! We're hoping he'll come back again soon.


Our master bathroom in its current state. It looks so sad! Hopefully we'll get that floor replaced soon. More updates on that later.

Philip sawing apart a redbud tree that blew down during the Noreaster we had last weekend. The tree's roots had totally rotted away. It was bound to happen eventually.

No comments: