Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Busy bodies

Wow, we've been busy. There's a ton going on in the Alexander house right now. Some i'll tell you about now, and others i'll tell you about later. One of my favorite things (which i'm really excited about) is the fact that we've gotten a lot done INSIDE the house. Yesterday I painted the ceiling of my kitchen and got the new first coat of paint on the walls. We LOVE the color (suggestion of my brother, Brad) and now the cabinets actually look good. All we need is some new hardware on the cabinets. Hopefully i'll be able to get that soon. Once I put the final coat of paint on the walls and touch up the trim and crown molding, we'll be switching out the fans (there's one in the dining room that would look AWESOME in the kitchen), and then i'll be painting/ refurbishing a hutch that Philip had in his old apartment. It will be painted white and will be getting new hinges and hardware. It will look like a brand new piece of furniture. Basically, if you've already been in our house, you won't know where you are when you see the kitchen finished! I can't wait! I hope to get most of that stuff done this week. Early in the week the weather will be fairly cool, so I hope to get the sanding of the hutch done sooner rather than later, as it will be much easier to finish it when it is cool. (It gets so hot and humid here in VA.)

Also, while I was painting yesterday, Philip worked very hard putting in a couple more 2X4s and nailing down the first layer of plywood in the master bathroom. We no longer have a hole in our floor, and no longer have an emergency entrance into the house if someone (Jen) forgets the keys to the house and locks us out of the house. I guess it's time to make a spare key!

So anyway, i'm going to torture all of you for a bit longer and only put the before pictures up on the website for now. You'll get the after pictures later.


Before:




1 comment:

James and Laura said...

Coolness! It's neat to hear about what's going on with you guys! I agree - busybodies you are.