It's also been a hard week for a couple of other reasons.
1) not so bad---a parent was apparently contesting the grades I gave her son LAST year because he didn't get a presidential award for academics during their fifth grade graduation yesterday, so I had to look up the report card on my computer and tell my principal that I messed up because I was given some wrong information. Quite annoying.
2) bad---one of my students had to move away this week because he threatened to kill his brother and friend in the middle of the night....and he waved a knife in front of their faces so they knew he was serious. That's one of the things going on with him, but I don't want to go into too much detail. All I should say though, is that this child has some MAJOR issues and really needs to be checked into the hospital for psychiatric treatment. I know his parents (and stepparents) are doing what they think is in his best interest, but I can't help wondering if what they are doing is the best thing. I've had this child in my class for two years (2nd and 4th grade) and was very attached to him and his family as we have worked together very closely the last few years. It is very sad to know he is going through this. Please pray for him and his family that things would end up working out ok.
Alright, here are some pictures from today....
Former students of mine on the day of their fifth grade graduation. I miss these kids!
Tim--another child i've had for two years. I plan to go to Busch Gardens with his mom this summer as we have become friends in the two years I've taught her son. (Again 2nd and 4th grade.)
As I said, we were struggling for things to do this week. Thus, the movie on the tv. Hey, I'm not a miracle woman. (Though that may be a suprise to some of you)


No comments:
Post a Comment