Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dear Audrey,

Today you turned five months old. We can't believe how fast you are growing up and it seems like the last few months have flown by. You are such a sweet, happy little girl who has a smile on her face at all times (unless you are hungry, have a dirty diaper, or wake up on your tummy). You are a pro at rolling over from your back to your tummy and you do so almost immediately when we put you in your bed. You are able to roll from your tummy to your back, but you rarely do it. We're still working on that though. You absolutely LOVE your brother, and you laugh at him when he is being silly. You also love our dog Sadie, and you giggle and smile at her when she kisses your hands and feet.

You started your fifth month on kind of a rough note. You and your brother ended up being sick. You, my dear, had an upper respiratory viral infection that turned into laryngitis and an ear infection. You have had a cough that makes your daddy and I so sad. You are getting better, but we really don't like that you are sick to begin with. I have to say though, that despite the fact that you have been feeling terrible, you are still the happy, smiley baby that you always are. You never cease to amaze your daddy and I.

During the last month our family took a road trip up to Papa and Mere's house in Michigan. You and your brother were such troopers. Daddy and I were so proud of both of you. It was quite impressive to see how tolerant you both were to be in the car for 17 hours. You two are amazing!

Little girl, one year ago we knew you were on your way and daddy and I were terrified about how things were going to work at our house with two children. I have to say, we had no reason to be nervous. You are such a wonderful member of our family and have been such a relatively easy addition. We cannot imagine life without you and we are so blessed to call you our Audrey girl.
We love you, peanut.

Love, Momma

No comments: