Happy New Year little buddy! Today is the first day of 2011, and you are 17 months old today. I can't believe that in one month you're going to be 1 1/2 years old! You are growing up very fast and you're learning so much these days. You understand so much of what we say, and you are becoming such a good little helper most of the time. Sometimes you get very curious and you like to take things out of the garbage can, play in the dog's water dish, and even try some of her food. I think it's all very gross, but I know you're just trying to learn about everything around you. This Christmas we went up to Michigan to Mere and Papa's house. You loved every minute of it and while you had two days without naps (much to your mommy's chagrin), you were always happy and always enjoyed playing with your uncles, auntie, and grandparents. Mommy and Daddy even got to leave you with Mere and Papa one night and go on a date! Not only did we have fun getting out, but you had a lot of fun without your Mom and Dad too! Mere has videos to prove it! :)
You have become a bit of a picky eater lately, and veggies don't even rank anywhere on your priority list. Mommy and Daddy have to hide them in yogurt and other foods, and we pray that you'll eat it. You do like pbj's, hotdogs, spaghetti-o's, fruit, yogurt and lots of other things. However, dinner time is when you are most picky and sometimes you refuse to eat anything I give you. I guess you're going to have to learn to eat what we put in front of you. I'm hoping tihs phase passes quickly. You used to eat everything we put in front of you. I'm sure someday you'll learn to love veggies again!
You are such a good napper, and you have been so good at sleeping at least 12 hours at night too. I couldn't ask for a better sleeper! When you are awake, you love to play, and you love to try and imitate sounds that you hear around you. You like making animal noises, but for some reason you seem to think all animals make the same "ooooo" noise. It's very cute, but we're going to have to keep working on those noises. :) You do like making the "beep beep" noise whenever you hear a car beep though! We love that!
Josh, this year is going to be a big one for you. You have a little sister coming in about two months. You know she's in Mommy's tummy, and you pat and hug my tummy frequently. Daddy and I are trying as best as we can to prepare you for your little sister's arrival, but I guess there's only so much we can do. We know there may be a little bit of jealousy when she comes (and that's ok), but we do hope that you quickly learn to love and stand up for your little sister. She's so lucky to have a big brother as wonderful as you. She's going to love you so much! You're going to make her laugh, I know that! We are going to be putting a big boy bed in your room soon too since your little sister is going to need the crib at some point. I'm hoping you adjust well and adjust quickly to that bed. I think you're going to love it! Your uncles used to sleep on that bed too, so that makes it even more fun, don't you think? :)
Joshua, you are such an incredible little boy. We love everything about you and we cannot wait to see who you become as you get older. Daddy and I keep saying that we can't belive we can love a little boy so much...and you know what? We love you more and more every day!
Love, Momma
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment