Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Helper Boy

Today was the first of two cleaning days this week. I used to be able to clean the entire house in a matter of a few hours...now it takes me two full days with being 33 weeks pregnant tomorrow AND having a 17 month-old running around undoing everything. :) Today, though, Josh was such a big helper! I was dusting the tv stand in the living room and he walked up next to me, wet wipe in hand, and started "dusting" the furniture with me! I was quite impressed. While I was making his lunch this afternoon, Josh found a piece of garbage that managed to land on the floor, picked it up, and put it in the garbage without me asking. THEN, this afternoon, he saw a pair of dirty jammies on the floor of his room, picked them up, and put them in the hamper in the hallway. For the rest of the day, every time I had some dirty laundry to put in the hamper, I had a very eager little helper on my hands, ready to dump it in for me! Josh also likes to help with laundry. I give him clothes from the washing machine and he puts it in the dryer! Man, his future wife is going to be SET! :)

Other big news: I was talking to Josh this afternoon at lunch and I said his name. Immediately after I said his name, he repeats "Osh" afterwards. The kid totally says his name (minus the J)!!! LOVE this new phase of picking up new words! So fun!

2 comments:

kim said...

He's practically perfect in every way! :) We love him so much!

Martha said...

He is going to be such a great big brother!!