Yesterday you turned one year old. I get a little choked up even writing that, because this past year has been one of the most challenging and most wonderful years of my life. I knew having a baby would change our lives dramatically, but I wasn't sure exactly how that would look. You have changed our lives and made us better people, just because you are here. We love being your parents and cannot ask for a more wonderful, obedient (most of the time), hilarious, adventurous, energetic child. You keep us VERY busy, but we love it. Daddy and I love watching you explore. It is so fun to see what makes you curious, and it's even more fun to see you figure things out all by yourself (you are SO smart). You have been a very proficient walker now for over a month. Only when you trip over something do you fall down anymore. I take that back. When you're tired, you stumble around and fall quite a bit too, but that's understandable. You are on the go all day long, and don't like to be contained under any circumstances. This last month it seems that you have grown by leaps and bounds. You're doing fairly well in the nursery at church on Sunday, you're becoming more willing to play with other people (and a little less attached to mommy), and you are eating big boy food like crazy!
Yesterday we had a birthday party for you. Mere, Papa, Unker Ryan, Auntie Catherine, Charlie, Angela and Timmy were all here to celebrate YOU! You had such a great time and you loved sharing your toys with Timmy. You also got your first taste of chocolate cake. You weren't sure what to do with it, and you absolutely did not want to pick it up at first because you weren't sure of the frosting, but you totally dove into it face first and ate it. (You also threw it up again later, but what can I say--you're not used to super sweet stuff like that.) You had an Elmo party, and Daddy got you a HUGE Elmo balloon, which you LOVE. What a great daddy you have!
Joshua, I can't believe you're a year old already, and although I'd love to be able to re-live this last year with you, I know the best is yet to come. It makes me sad that you're growing up so fast, but so happy that you are such an amazing little boy and that I get to be your mommy. I cannot wait to see what this next year holds for you. I do know one thing that will happen for you--you're going to become a big brother! Next year at your birthday, you're going to have a little brother or sister there. How crazy will that be?! You are going to be such an awesome big brother. Your little sibling is so lucky to have you as their brother. We love you so much, and we can't wait to watch you grow physically, mentally and spiritually.
Love, Momma
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment