Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Updates

I appologize for being so slack on posts lately. Things have been pretty crazy lately, and i've been pretty pooped by the time I actually have time to post.

Lots of things have been going on lately.

Let's start with Josh:
Josh, of course, had his first birthday and a very fun party on his big day. We had a lot of fun with my parents, my brother Ryan, Philip's sister Catherine, and our friends Charlie, Angela and their son Timothy (who will be 2 in September). Josh is eating all sorts of big boy food now. His favorites seem to be yogurt, CHEESE, Annie's cheddar bunnies, CHEESE, any kind of fruit, and CHEESE. Josh eats most things I give him, but i've found that certain things (like veggies and meat) I still have to spoon feed him. He'll get the hang of it. Josh loves water, but is really not into the whole milk thing. We're still working on it though. I'm hoping he gets the hang of it soon, as he will be officially WEANED by the end of the month! what a big boy! Josh is "saying" lots of things now, but his newest (and most helpful) is "more please" which comes out more like "muh puh," but it works. we're also getting ready for some Colts games on tv, and we've taught him to put his arms in the air and say "touchdown!" (again it comes out differently and sounds like "ah dah." Super cute! Josh loves playing in his big boy play room, and also enjoys having free reign of most of the house during the day. He loves being able to walk all the way to his room and play in there like a big boy. He definitely likes his freedom. :) We've also been spending a lot of time on his swing outside and in his pool outside. Definitely favorite activities of the summer, though he likes his walks in his stroller and wagon too!

Philip:
Philip has been doing some side work for Duke again, and that has been a good challenge for him, and he's been enjoying the extra income as well. Philip has also been reffing some soccer games on the weekends for the local adult league, and next week has his first center position at a guys varsity game! I'm very proud of him for this and I know he'll do a great job. Philip is an awesome daddy and Josh adores him. Josh flips out every night when Philip comes home from work. He loves seeing his daddy! It's the best! It has been so fun watching Philip grow into a better and better daddy every day. Our kiddos are so blessed!

Jen:
I've been feeling a lot better in the last week or two. My morning sickness is pretty much gone, and that has been a HUGE blessing, as it was much rougher this time around. Fortunately I didn't have to teach through it. I did, however, have to chase a 1-year-old all day--at least he did a pretty good job keeping my mind off of being sick. :)
As of yesterday I am 13 weeks along! Next Tuesday I will officially enter 2nd trimester! Wahoo! Baby is doing well and looked perfectly healthy on the first ultrasound. I still can't believe we're well on our way to baby #2, but we're gearing up for another little one around the house. We're excited to meet him or her, but we're also incredibly nervous about the logistics of having two little guys around the house. I'm sure all is going to work out just fine, but it's intimidating in the meantime. I'm already praying that God would prepare Josh for a younger sibling, praying for a good sleeper in #2, and praying that I get caught up on a little sleep before being up with a newborn again. We have a ton to do before this next one arrives. Not only will Josh's room change, but we have to get a room ready for this new baby too. I know it'll all get done, but it's a bit overwhelming at the same time. We won't be able to decorate the baby's room though until we find out what we're having...I'm guessing the very end of September or early October! It's coming quick! I'm also taking Josh to Michigan the first week of October while Philip is on a church men's retreat. I've traveled with Josh in the past, but never with his big carseat in tow...we're looking at getting one of those rollers that attach to the carseat so I can just pull Josher through the airport. If anyone has any recommendations, i'd love to hear it! Let me know if there's one that works for you.

Well, I think that's it. We're officially updated.

No comments: