Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

Dear Joshua...

Today you are five months old. Seriously, would you please stop growing up so fast? You're getting so big and you're starting to look like such a little boy! Your big boy hair is coming in very quickly now. Your hair is so blonde! You are developing such an awesome personality and you seem to enjoy life so much. You love to play, and you smile all day long. You still only cry when you're tired, hungry, bored, or need your diaper changed (or you're in the car and you want out). You're such a good baby! Your daddy and I are so blessed to have you in our lives.

This past month was a big one for you! You started rolling over from your back to your tummy (you're still trying to figure out how to roll from tummy to back), you started solid foods, you found your feet and LOVE playing with them, you went on another plane ride up to Michigan and were a total CHAMP, you slept very well in your pack-n-play while we were there, you started the teething process (and mommy can feel your little teeth through your gums now--man, i'm going to miss that cute toothless grin once you get teeth), and you got to celebrate your first Christmas--and you made out like a bandit with all the toys that you got! See, I told you this was a big month for you.

When we went to your doctor's appointment for your four-month check-up, you were 18lbs 10 0z and were a good 26 1/2 inches long...you grew 3 1/2 inches in two months! Joshua, you're still LOVING your bath time and you really like to play in your exer-saucer. That's a new toy for you this month...I think you've mastered every toy on there already. :) You're also chewing on everything (which makes sense since you're teething). So far, you've been able to try a couple solid foods....you love your rice cerea, and were not quite so sure about the sweet potatoes. Last night I gave you some butternut squash for the first time....I don't think you liked that very much judging by the look on your face. I'm sorry to tell you, but there's a lot more where that came from, and mommy IS going to make you keep trying it. Sorry bud, but it's good for you. Did you know your mommy is making you all of your baby food herself? That's right mr! I love you so much that I only want to give you the good stuff. No food from a jar here! Just homemade goodness! :)

Last night was New Year's Eve. It's 2010 now! We went to spend time at the Dryden's house last night, and you did so well! You fell asleep in Timothy's pack-n-play at around 8:00 and only woke up once (around 11---only because Timothy woke up crying). You went right back to sleep though, and then you feel asleep pretty quickly again last night once we got home. I am so proud of you. It was pretty noisy last night, but you managed to sleep right through all the ruckus. You are amazing and I am so impressed. You are one awesome little boy. You know what's even more amazing? You proceded to sleep until 8am this morning.....THANK YOU! You made your mommy so happy by letting me get a little extra sleep!

Joshua, daddy and I continue to be amazed at how much we love you and what a huge blessing you are in our lives. I know I keep saying this, but you really are an amazing little boy and we can't imagine life without you. We love watching you grow and learn, and we look forward to watching you continue to do so...but hopefully not too fast!

We love you!

Love, Momma

No comments: