Our little boy has now mastered rolling (though he prefers to roll to the left for some reason...video to come this weekend I hope), he's great at putting himself to sleep at night after I put him in bed awake (he's actually enjoyed falling asleep with his arm around his stuffed rabbit), and he's sleeping so well at night. He also put himself to sleep in his crib during nap time once this week. Yes, only once, but still ONCE! That's huge for us here. Once will lead to more and more times hopefully soon. Those teeth will be popping through soon too. Unbelievable.
I don't know what it is, but it seems like I'm watching my little baby boy grow up so quickly all of a sudden. I know I should be excited about all that he is accomplishing within the last week, but I find myself getting sad sometimes. I can't believe how quickly five months has gone by, and I don't want time to go by so fast. I now know why my parents always told us not to grow up. I don't want Josh to grow up. In fact, I'd love it if he stayed this age forever. I love the toothless grin, I love the "baby kisses" and I love the fact that he's not so super mobile...YET. I know that I'm going to enjoy my little man during each stage of his life (yes, I know there will be times when I'm ready to pull my hair out...I'm not completely unaware), but this stage is so fun. It makes me so sad to know that this stage is not going to last forever. Is it weird that I feel like my baby is turning into a little boy already? While the little baby stage was very difficult, I kind of miss it. Am I crazy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment