Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's gonna be a rough week...

I had every intention of making this week a good week. My middle schoolers have multiple Christmas play practices this week, and my teaching time has severely been cut, which i'm finding out is a good thing. Philip and I have had so many things on our schedule, and God has very blatantly told us to SLOW DOWN! Here's what's happened in the last few days:

1) This weekend Philip started feeling pretty crummy. He's had a sore throat and a bad headache. He's been very tired as well.
2) I woke up early Monday morning for our staff Christmas breakfast at 7 IN THE MORNING, and as I was getting dressed, I tweaked my back. It wasn't just a little strain, it's one of those ones where you can't stand straight for DAYS! Turns out, I get to school (in pain) and find out that the breakfast isn't until Wednesday. (Seeing as I'm still in pain, I really don't feel like making it to the breakfast anymore.)
3) This week I'm having Christmas fiestas with my middle schoolers. After my fiesta with my sixth graders on Monday (remember, I'm still in pain), one of my students pukes all over his desk. I don't do puke (you'd know this if you know me at all), but since the custodians aren't in the building during the day, yours truly had to clean it up. YUCK! I finish cleaning it up, and put all the cleaning stuff back in the office, and go back to my room, only to find out that two of my girls had my guinea pig on a table and he peed all over it. SO, back to the office I went to get cleaning supplies again. :( It was a totally rough day.
4) Philip had a temp of 103.6 Monday night.
5) Philip went to the doctor today and found out he has strep throat. fun! (or, not so much) Philip has to take the day off of work again tomorrow, and will hopefully be back on Thursday.

SO, that being said, we're a mess at our house this week. Philip had to help me put my socks on this morning. Pathetic. Pray that we both get better very quickly please!

3 comments:

Martha said...

Dude I am so with you on the puke. I do not do puke or any bodily fluids and with the preschoolers you can imagine how often I have to face it!!! fortunately we have two custodians during the day (bless them) and the instructional assistants are really brave about stuff like that (double bless them!)

I hope you both feel better!!

Nathan DeWitt said...

:( that's so sad that you guys have had such a rough week lately. I'll be praying for you both.

Catherine said...

Ugh, it stinks that you're both out at the same time--doubly difficult!

Love you guys.