Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get out and vote!

Just a friendly reminder to get out and vote today.

To be honest, I haven't had a good feeling about this election, probably because one of the candidates scares me half to death. Anyway, I'm in prayer (and have been for a while) today about the outcome of this election. Lord, may your candidate win today.

If you haven't voted yet today---GO! I'm going after work, probably to stand in long lines in the pouring rain. I don't feel like going, but this election is too important, and I wouldn't miss it!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I have never understood what people find terrifying about Obama, although I can certainly see why his positions don't appeal to everyone. Here is a comforting thought for you anyway: the system is set up to protect us from one single President doing too terribly much damage. McCain and Obama have both demonstrated a certain respect for the country and Constitution (McCain through his military service and notable service in the Senate, Obama through as an accomplished scholar of Constitutional law) and either one of them is going to respect the Constitutional boundaries of the office. The American Democracy is designed to survive a bad President, so even if Obama is everything you fear he is there is not much lasting damage he can do :)

Also, if the political continuum is a mile long Democrats and Republicans are only about two inches apart anyway. The idea that either major-party candidate is going to put an end to the over-grown federal government is a pipe dream.

We voted this morning and the line was QUITE long but it also moved very quickly (not much on the ballot in our precinct!) I hope your experience goes smoothly!