Things are still incredibly busy here these days. It's amazing that when you finally feel like things are slowing down and you have a chance to take a breath, things get so chaotic again. Philip is especially busy, with our senior pastor search team (which is meeting twice this week), leading our small group, his normal job, reffing soccer games, and finding time to do some side work for Duke. I'm really not sure how he's doing it at this point. If you get a chance and you think of it, can you pray for him please? I think he could definitely benefit from some extra prayer. Hopefully things will calm down a bit for him here in a couple of weeks.
I finally finished my report cards today. I can't complain about them this year however. My principal is not very picky about comments, and I can pretty much write something similar (copy and paste at times) for each child unless the student needs something extra written. I'm still trying to get things pulled back together at home and have been working hard to work out at home or go to the gym every day. I'm doing pretty well and have only missed a couple of days in the last few weeks. It's been great so far. I feel good. We had a staff meeting today for accredidation. I found out just before the staff meeting that I am apparently co-chairing a committe for the accredidation meetings. Apparently it's beneficial to the school that I was on Kiln Creek's school improvement team last year. This team that I'm co-chairing should be able to get some neat stuff going this year though, so that's kind of cool. We'll see how it all plays out. Things are very busy with me too, but much more manageable than they were when I was at Kiln Creek. I can't complain considering I've got it easy right now compared to my husband.
A couple of cool notes:
1) Today is my parents' 30th wedding anniversary! Congratulations Mom and Dad! You are such great examples for us. I'm proud to call you my parents!
2) My husband and I actually get to hang out together ALONE this weekend...we haven't had time to spend together just the two of us for almost two weeks. So Friday night is date night! I'm pumped! I love my hubby! (And yes, Friday night is Halloween and we're avoiding the trick-or-treaters. They drive Sadie nuts anyway.)
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment