Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The holidays are almost here!

I'm usually not one to get super excited about the holidays until right before break. This year things at work are going really well, but I'm so incredibly tired (must be all the thinking in Spanish) and I can hardly wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas break.

This Thanksgiving we're making the treck down to Durham, NC to spend the weekend with Philip's family. We'll be spending lots of time at James and Laura's house with them, the three kids, Mom and Dad Alexander, and Laura's parents. We'll also be celebrating Catie and Hannah's birthdays that weekend, so it should be fun. Lots to celebrate.

For Christmas we'll be heading up to Michigan (we haven't been up there since last Christmas), so I'm incredibly excited to go up there again. We'll be taking Sadie up with us and I know she'll love living with another Golden for a week and she'll love playing in the snow again. She's so fun! We'll also have the wonderful opportunity to meet and spend time with Brad's girlfriend, Michelle. :) We're looking forward to getting to know her over vacation. Philp and I will also get a chance to see my friend Kate and her husband, Josh. I'm looking forward to seeing her little kiddo, Joshy, and celebrating her new little bean coming in May.

Just a few more days before Thanksgiving and a few weeks until Christmas. Ooh...I better start shopping....it's getting close!

In the mean time, please keep praying for Philip as he's trying to wrap up some pretty busy stuff at church and at work. :)

1 comment:

jackie said...

I hope we get to see both of you!