I suppose it's been a while since I updated this blog. A lot has happened since the last time:
*We spent Labor Day weekend with Philip's family in Georgia. A good time was had by all and we had a lot of fun visiting with the "Howards" (Philip's uncle and aunt and their two boys)
*On August 26th my husband baptized me in the York River in front of my pastor, my parents and our small group.
*School started at my new school. I absolutely love my job and am very happy that my Spanish is coming back---and quickly!
*Philip and I took over leadership of our Wednesday night small group for young married couples, and we are reading a book called "Love and Respect." We have two new couples in our group and may have a third this week. It's going very well and everyone seems to like the book a lot.
*Philip is now on the senior pastor search committee at church, and they meet once a week at church. It's a big job and can definitely be stressful at times. Please keep him in your prayers concerning this responsibility.
*Philip got a contract with Duke Medical and is doing a side job working on a website for them, and earning extra money.
*Philp is also a soccer referee and has been reffing a lot of soccer games these days. He seems to be very good at it, and it gives him a chance to be around his favorite game, get paid for it, and get some exercise. It's great! (Philip is very busy!)
*I've been working in the yard lately, trying to get it ready for the fall and winter. I still have some weeding to do, I need to plant some bulbs for spring, and I have to cut down my perennials, but I hope to get the rest of that done next weekend while Philip goes on a men's retreat with church.
*This Wednesday I head down to North Carolina with the teachers from school for a teacher's conference. We come back sometime Friday (probably after Philip leaves for his retreat.) This week is going to be a busy one!
I'm hoping after this week that things will start to slow down a bit and I can spend some time getting back to the gym. I've been walking Sadie frequently and started wearing my new heart-rate monitor to make sure I was getting a good workout. That thing has a very annoying beep if you're not working hard enough. :) I love going to the gym to work out, and it seems with parent/teacher conferences happening every morning and afternoon for a month now, that hasn't happened nearly as often as I would like it to. I'm getting quite sick of that. I worked out quite a bit this summer and went down a size in my pants---I don't want all my efforts to go to waste after all my hard work during summer vacation. I'm praying that I can get back on a "normal" schedule soon. We're entirely too busy!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow, your schedules sound a bit overwhelming! You both must keep quite organized to stay on top of things. I know you do.
Yay for walking Sadie, gardening, and reffing soccer, all chances to be outside in the midst of the inside duties.
Thanks for the update, guys!
Thanks for the update, Jen. I'm glad you haven't abandoned the blog! Are you going to be in Greensboro for the ACSI conference by any chance? I wonder if we could work out a way to see you???
Laura
Post a Comment