Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 13, 2008

So long, spring break

Spring break was good, and I got a lot done this past week, though I definitely wasn't able to get done with everything I wanted to do. Due to nasty weather most of the week, I was unable to do my gardening project, so I'm bummed that there has been no progress there. However, next weekend it is definitely in the plans. I was able to clean the house, have the air ducts cleaned and chimney swept, I cleaned the garage, took a 14-year-old shopping (craziness), and went shopping for myself (won't be doing that again any time soon--I renewed my hatred for malls and shopping in general this week). I also got to work out some and was able to spend some time with our cute puppy, Sadie. All in all it was a good week, but now it is time to get back to the grind.

I am still waiting to hear about a job that I applied for, but I am planning on applying for some other positions soon too. Hopefully something will come up soon. Philip is doing well, though he has to head to Monterey, CA for work again on April 28th. I'm not looking forward to another week without him.

On a really good note, Emily's husband Aaron is scheduled to leave Iraq this week! We are hoping that after a week in Mississippi, he'll head to Leesburg, VA (where Emily will finally see him again) and he can officially be home in two weeks! Please pray for safe travel for him and for a very speedy return. It has been a very long time of separation for both of them, and I know Emily will be very relieved to have him home safe finally!

No comments: