Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Big News!

A lot of you know that I have not been happy in my job for a while. Philip and I have been praying a lot about the situation in the last six months and God has really shown us that He really is faithful. God has been breaking me down quite a bit lately and He finally got me to a point where I am now ready to be molded and changed. God made it very clear to both me and Philip that I am supposed to resign from my job at Kiln Creek Elementary after this school year. At first I was hesitant to actually do anything about it, and I had planned to say I was coming back until I had something solid planned for next year. God really spoke through a friend and God showed me that he did not want me to wait. God promises that He has a plan for us, and it's a plan to prosper us, and to give us a hope and a future. So, on those promises, I decided to act on faith (So hard, I cannot even tell you) and last Monday I told my bosses that I will not be renewing my contract for next year. I still do not know where God is taking me yet, and I am seeking His guidance and His will for the next stage of my (and our) life. I am so excited to see what He has in store for me and I cannot wait to be able to share His goodness with you all as He reveals himself and His plan to me. Please be praying that we would be patient and that we would not take our focus off of Him as we figure out what is supposed to happen next. :)

3 comments:

Josh and Kate plus 2 said...

Wow I'm so glad the Lord has lead you to a decision. Now that He has brought you this far, just know that He will not forsake you. He will give you not only a vision, but he will give you the PROvision that you need to be successful! Love you!!

Catherine said...

Thanks for sharing. Our God is great and He will surely direct you to the next step. Be encouraged!

kimberly said...

We are so proud of you, Jen and Philip. You have both exhibited great courage, specifically in the job arena. God does have a plan. You are stepping out of the boat with BOTH feet. No better place to be than in His will. Good for you for listening! Keep your eyes on the prize!