Since my last post Philip and I were able to head up to Michigan to surprise my mom for her 50th birthday. If you know my parents, you'll know that NEITHER of them look at ALL like they're in their 50s! What a great weekend. We totally shocked my mom on Friday night when we met my brother Ryan at the airport and we met Brad at Bonefish Grille. Once at Bonefish, we walked in and sat down next to a VERY surprised mother. On Saturday, her birthday, Dad and I fixed a really big breakfast (omlettes, pancakes, fresh fruit, sausage, etc.) for everyone, and then Dad and I took mom to the airport where her friend Amy Smith got off the plane. Mom had no idea where we were going or why, so it was really fun to see her face when she saw Amy. :) Dad then dropped Mom, Amy and me off at the Spa to have manicures and pedicures (Starbuck's in hand, of course!). It was a great afternoon. To top it off, we told Mom we were meeting Brad at a new restaurant downtown for a quiet family dinner. Little did she know that just under 50 people were at her favorite restaurant waiting for her (including her sister from New Jersey, and her dad who has been having health issues since Christmastime). It was a great evening and Mom was totally excited about it all. At the end of the weekend (Sunday) we went to church and then took mom to Cygnus 27 (on the 27th floor of the Amway building--the same building where we had our reception). It was a great weekend and VERY fun to surprise mom--though it is always hard to lie to her.
Philip has been very busy with work lately and has a major part of his new project due by Friday. He has been working all night at home the last couple of nights, and seems to be a bit stressed out. Pray that he gets this stuff done on time. Neither of us has gotten a good night's sleep since we've been back either, so it's been very frustrating for both of us. To top that off, I've been feeling a bit under the weather as well. I definitely have some swollen glands and they have been bothering me the last couple months, but it is especially bad lately, and I can't get in to see the doctor until March 5. Please pray that I start feeling better and that it doesn't get any worse. It really hurts when I talk now and it gets irritated when I move certain ways. I'm not sure, but I don't think it's supposed to do that. Call me crazy.
I am also in the process of looking for jobs for next year, and on Monday I applied for a position at the Children's Hospital in Norfolk. Hopefully I hear back, but I'm not sure if they are going to even look at my application since I can't start anywhere until June. We'll see. Keep praying! God has something good coming, I just don't know what it is yet. :)
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I was hoping and praying you would apply! Good job!
Post a Comment