Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

To my two kiddos...






Dear Joshua,
I haven't written you a note in a while. It's probably because your sister arrived and she's been keeping us all on our toes. I will say that when you first came to visit mommy and Audrey at the hospital you were not quite sure about the whole thing. You weren't sure about seeing your mommy in a hospital gown, you weren't sure why mommy wasn't at home with you (and why you got to spend so much fun time with Mere and Papa), and you definitely weren't sure about the little person in the hospital bassinet. When we put her on your lap for the first time, you examined her very closely, including her nose, mouth ears, fingers and toes. You even tried to "bite" her fingers....though I'm not quite sure why. When we took your sister home, you made it very clear that you wanted her out of her car seat, and when we did take her out, you wanted to kiss (aka "lick") your sister, which you have continued to do at this point. Once Mommy came home from the hospital, you did not want me out of our sight. You were afraid for a little bit that I was going to leave you again. However, that fear did not last long. You have had a hard time every once in a while adjusting to all the attention your little sister gets, but I will say that you have never once tried to hurt or lash out at your sister. You have been overall a great sport about the whole thing, and as your sister's schedule seems to be getting more regular, you and I are getting more and more time alone to play together. You are growing up so fast, and I swear you are learning more words daily. Your newest words are duck, cookie and bus. When we ask you to say "one" you look at us and promptly say "two" with a little smirk on your face, like you know exactly what you are doing. You're very sneaky. :) You also started sleeping in your big boy bed on Sunday. When we put you to bed that night, you looked at us and said "no no," but I'll tell you that you DID eventually fall asleep there that night, and you have been sleeping there ever since. Daddy and I are SO proud of you! You are such an incredible big brother, and your little sister is so incredibly blessed to have you!
We love you more than you'll ever know!
Love, Momma

Dear Audrey,
Little girl you are growing up so fast. This last week you turned seven weeks old, and with that you seemed to have figured out how to smile. You have the most adorable smile and Daddy and I are always anxious to get one out of you. You are very good at recognizing both our voices at this point, and you always turn your head towards us when we enter a room. You really love it when your Daddy touches your nose with his. It's your little game that you play with him.
Since the day we took you home, you were waking up every 3 hours at night. This last week you extended it to every 5 hours. It's not super consistent yet, but you're getting there! This makes Mommy VERY happy! At your one month appointment we got you on some medicine for reflux. You had quite the upset tummy and were in quite a bit of pain, but now that the medicine has kicked in you are doing much better. I do think we'll have to up the dosage soon though, because you're growing so much. At your 4 week appointment you weighed 10 lbs 12 oz. That is incredible, because two weeks before that you weighed 9 lbs 6 oz. Needless to say, you are eating VERY well! :)
Little girl, I told you this right after you were born but i'll tell you again: You have THE BEST big brother in the whole world. He smiles when he sees you and he LOVES giving you kisses and patting you on the head. I can already tell that you will be good friends and that he will be very protective of you. You may not like that when you are older, but your Daddy and I will...especially because he'll be able to enforce our rule about you not dating until you are 35. :)
You have totally rocked our world, and we love you for it. We cannot imagine life without our little Audrey girl. We love you so much and cannot wait to see who you become.
Love, Momma

No comments: