Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Children

My heart has been heavy for the last week or so. Last Thursday we found out a friend of ours (Josh's babysitter) lost her baby. She was 36 weeks pregnant. She shared a due date with another friend who is pregnant and expecting baby #2. This was such a shock to the system and to so many people from our church who know and love this family. Tomorrow at 11am they will bury their baby girl.

I cannot even begin to imagine the pain that they are going through at the moment, and at times I feel so guilty for having two incredibly healthy children. Yet, at the same time I feel so incredibly THANKFUL that I have two incredibly healthy children. Someone I know commented that she thought you were "in the clear" once you passed the 12 week pregnant marker. This is just a reminder that we should never take life for granted. No matter how frustrated we get with life or with other people, we are never guaranteed tomorrow. We are really never guaranteed the next five minutes. No matter how exhausted I get taking care of two children, getting up for middle of the night feedings, or to cover up my 20 month-old because he's kicked off his blanket and is cold, I GET to take care of my children and be exhausted doing it. Our friends don't get to do that right now. So, instead of complaining that i'm tired, I'm going to make the choice to be thankful for that fatigue.

Please pray for the Johnson/Glover/Gilliam families as they lay to rest little Charli Lynn Johnson tomorrow.

No comments: