Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Four years ago...

Click here to view these pictures larger



Four years ago today, I married my best friend. I am so thankful for such a wonderful lifelong friend, spouse and partner in crime. It is such a blessing to look back at pictures from our wedding and realize how much we didn't know going into marriage. We knew that things were going to be hard sometimes (rarely, of course, but sometimes), and we also knew we were going to experience some incredible things together. We knew we wanted to have kids someday, but we had no idea how much having kids would change our lives.

Even though four years is not a long time, it is fun to see how much life has changed for us in that short amount of time. We've lived in one apartment, bought a house, joined a great church, adopted a dog, held 4 different jobs between the two of us, and we've gone from a "DINK" (Double Income No Kids) household to a home with a baby and one income (which has, by far, been the biggest change for us). This last change has been such a blessing and we cannot imagine our lives without our little Josh. I love watching my husband as a father who has really grown into that role in a way that only makes me love and respect him more than I did before.

I can't believe how much things have changed in only four years. I can't wait to see how the rest of our life together is going to look. I love you, babe! I'm so glad I married you! Happy Anniversary!

No comments: