Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Dear Joshua...







Today you turn 7 months old! You seem to be growing up faster and faster these days, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. Actually, I take that back. I DO know how I feel about that, and frankly, I'm not a fan! I love being your mommy and you are so much fun, and I can't stand the thought that you're going to keep growing up! However, that being said, I know for a fact that I'm going to enjoy you at every stage, based on the fact that you are already such an awesome little person!



Little boy, you are so strong--you can actually stand up for short periods of time, and you are rolling ALL OVER the place. Last weekend, when Mere and Poppa were here, we changed the house around a bit. We turned the dining room into a play room for you. I tell you what--you use ALL the space in that room too! I'm so glad we did that for you. You can go almost anywhere you want in there, and everything is safe for you. Not only that, but you can play in there while Mommy works in the kitchen, and you're happy because you can still see me. You're going through a little separation anxiety right now, so you don't like when I leave you by yourself for any amount of time. While I love spending time with you all day, I do hope you get over that quickly. I know Daddy hopes so too...he doesn't like it when you fuss when he's trying to play with you. I think your fussiness really started when your first TWO teeth popped through this month. Now we're working on getting you back into a normal sleep routine (since those nasty teeth messed up your sleep schedule so much)--silly teeth!


You've tried some new foods lately. You're now eating carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, butternut squash, pears, peaches, apples, zucchini, and (for reasons we won't go into because they should be obvious) PRUNES! (which you love, btw.)


Not only have you eaten some new foods, you've also graduated this month--no more baby hammock in your baby tub! The other day we tried taking a bath in your infant tub without the hammock, and you LOVED it! You can sit up well enough now that it works well, and I have to say, you LOVE to splash! You are going to be quite a little fish once we start you in swimming lessons! This makes me so happy, because Mommy likes to swim too. :)


Joshua, you continue to be such a joy in our lives. We love you so much and we look forward to being able to watch you grow up (but hopefully not too fast)! We are so blessed to have you in our lives! I am so glad that I get to call you my son.


Love, Momma

No comments: