Today you turn two months old. Where has the time gone? It seems like the days have all been a (mostly) wonderful blur of time spent together and learning about each other. I can't believe how much you've already learned about the world around you. It seems like yesterday that I was in the hospital getting ready for you to come...and when you did, you were so incredibly helpless and amazingly handsome. You're still handsome--in fact, maybe more handsome than you were two months ago--but you're not as helpless as you used to be.
Joshua, I cannot believe how much you're able to do now. You are holding your head up more and more every day, you follow me and daddy with your eyes when we enter and leave a room, you now recognize daddy's and mommy's voices, you smile---oh, how that smile lights up a room, and brightens our day! I absolutely love seeing you smile. You're getting so strong now, and you are enjoying more independent time playing with your toys. You especially love playing with your froggie stuffed animal. This last week you figured out how to blow bubbles, and you think it is so hilarious when you stick out your tongue at me and daddy. You also found your hand this week, and you love putting it in your mouth. You're starting to get good at sleeping in your own bed at night too--which I like a lot too, since we were sleeping on the couch together for so long. I'm still working on gettin my bed space back from your daddy though. :)
Josh, you're doing really well with our dog, Sadie too. You love it when she licks your legs and arms. I have a feeling it won't be long before you're driving her crazy and chasing her around the house. Did you know she likes to sleep on the floor next to your bed at night, and she always comes to check on you when you cry?
Joshua, before you were born, I had no idea that I could love a little person as much as I do. You have blessed our lives more than I could have ever imagined. While some days are still very frustrating while we're trying to figure each other out, it's all still so wonderful because you are ours--which is just so incredible in itsef. Daddy and I are so blessed to have you in our lives and are in awe that God has given us such a wonderful and precious little boy to take care of. We look forward to watching you grow up and cannot wait to see who you will become.
We love you Joshua. Happy 2 month birthday!
Love,
Mama
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment