"I have big plans for you. I am going to use you for my purpose because you are ready--ready to focus on the eternal, rather than the right now. You are going to serve me and use the gifts I have given you, and your spirit will be filled with joy."
Matt. 6:25-34 (The Jen-summarized version)
Do not worry about tomorrow. God will take care of things for us. Have faith that He will provide fo our needs.
The women's retreat was really good. Though I don't tend to be an emotional person, and I don't like to be around a bunch of emotional women, this was a good weekend. We had several meetings where we were able to worship the Lord and we also listened to someone speak about God's view on unity in the church--specificaly Crossroads. On Saturday morning, we had a little "R&R" with Jesus, and that was really cool. We had an hour for quiet time, and I headed down to the beach for that. It was so cool to actually HEAR what God was saying to me, and I was able to write the above words down on paper. I'm really glad I did that, because I have a tendency to forget things like that, even though they're really important.
I met some really neat women, including a woman named Lynn. We met and started talking on Friday night, and we totally connected. We really developed a bond throughout the weekend and we were able to start developing a friendship. Lynn is probably in her 30s and has two daughters; one is 7 and one is 4 or 5 I think. We found out that we have a lot in common (including a love for golden retrievers---I think I have a dog sitter if we ever need one). I really enjoyed getting to know her this weekend, and I really hope that we can continue to develop a friendship. She is such a great person.
I am very tired now--I suppose a women's retreat is not necessarily for sleeping, though it would have been nice to get a little more than I did. :) I'm hoping to get to bed soon and get a really good night's sleep. More to come later...
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wonderful, Jen! So glad you connected with Lynn and had this time.
Post a Comment