Sorry about the lack of posts lately. We've been quite busy around here, and to be honest, sometimes I just don't feel like posting.
School has been very busy for me this year. I have yet to go a whole week without at least two meetings after school. It's getting rather annoying. We had parent-teacher conferences last Monday, which made for a very long and exhausting week the rest of the week because conferences wear me out. I've also been trying to get caught up on my grading (tonight I was finally successfun!).
I've been struggling a lot lately, especially with some of the people I work with. I have several co-workers who claim to be Christians, but definately live a life that sometimes seems polar opposite to that which a Christian should be living. Now, I'm not perfect, nor will I ever claim to be, but I do try my very hardest to live my life according to what the Bible says, and I am tired of being criticized for doing that, and lately I've been accused of not being realistic about certain things. In my opinion, the people criticizing me are the o nes who are not being realistic and honest with themselves. Nevertheless, it is very difficult to do your job to the best of your ability when you constantly have people tearing you down and always have people asking things of you. I give a lot of myself, but don't have anyone to pour a little spiritual love back into me. I'm really craving a mentor at the moment and am hoping I'll hear back from a friend about the mentorship program at church. I need it.
On a lighter note, Philip is doing well. We got to have lunch with his girlfriend, McKenna (she's three!) and her parents yesterday and that was a lot of fun. We got to know them a lot better and really enjoyed their company. they're really great people. Philip found out that he works on and maintains the website that Josh (McKenna's dad) uses in the Air Force every day. Very cool!
Another piece of information--I have a co-worker who's husband is good at doing home improvement stuff. We're going to have him come in a couple of weeks to tile our bathroom floor---we don't want to ruin it by doing it ourselves. I'm so looking forward to having that done. Here's to hoping it will be done by Thanksgiving. Wishful thinking? Maybe.
I also started painting our living room tonight. It desperately needed a paint job, and it's starting to look good---even though I ran out of ceiling paint and I only just started to cut in. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish cutting in, and by Thursday, I hope to have the walls painted. Friday I can do the trim and such. Hopefully Sunday I can finish up and then Philip can help me put the house back together. I love to paint, which is why I've been doing a lot of it. Philip hates it, so he hasn't been doing much painting. He has, however, been very helpful in other aspects of home maintenance, so I am very grateful for that!
Hope you're all doing well!
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
It's great to read your news. I'm sorry that things are so rough at school right now, Jen. I can identify with wanting a mentor. Grace to you. Looking forward to seeing y'all in November!
Babe,
We are also praying for that woman to enter your life. It will feel like a cup of cool water that is much needed in the parched land. I pray for you at the lunch hour each day. I know it's tough. Stay focused on the prize girlie! You are loved!
Post a Comment